Subject: [Midnightbsd-kernel] MidnightBSD 0.2.1-RELEASE

From: Lucas Holt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 19:02:27 -0400

MidnightBSD 0.2.1 has been released. This version focused on adding  
hardware for newer devices including ati, nvidia and intel sata  
controllers, and wireless support standard. A great deal of work was  
put into creating packages with over 2000 packages available on our  
FTP. The new release includes 2 CDs of packages plus X11 on disc1.

Other software updated: gcc 3.4.6, bind 9.4.2-p1, sendmail, bzip2,  
openssh 5.0p1, pcc compiler added (i386), removal of gnu cpio for bsd  
licensed version, cpdup added, ipv6 fixes, mksh added

The files are available on ftp1.midnightbsd.org and some users have  
reported success with mirrors.isc.org.  The other mirrors should rsync  
within the next 24 hours.

Special thanks to ctriv@, smultron@, crash@, archite@, seirei@ and  
raven@ for help with this release.

A full change log is available with the release, or via cvsweb http://cvsweb.midnightbsd.org/src/UPDATING

Users who install kde from the ISOs will be able to enable graphical  
login on bootup.  A script now runs on the first boot asking to enable  
bsdstats and "graphical desktop environment".  If the script finds  
kdm, it will enable it automatically.  If you select yes without KDE,  
it will install and enable slim login manager.  I would greatly  
appreciate users installing bsdstats so that we can get a better idea  
on usage.

If you need to rerun the firstboot script, just rm /etc/fbreciept and  
then sh /etc/rc.d/firstboot start

Lucas Holt
[email-masked]
________________________________________________________
MidnightBSD.org (Free OS)
JustJournal.com (Free blogging)