[Midnightbsd-mports] linux-flashplugin7

Lucas Holt luke at foolishgames.com
Mon Oct 6 00:25:51 EDT 2008

At the moment, the only port that works with flash out of the box is
linux-flock.  The reason is that it includes all the necessary files
to work without nspluginwrapper and friends.

While investigating the linux-firefox port problems with flash, i
noticed that on my system symlinks are created in /usr/local/lib/linux-
firefox/plugins to /usr/mports/www/linux-flashplayer7/... etc

Someting is creating the wrong symlinks.  It could be the
Makefile.npapi include used by all the linux ports in linux-mplayer-
plugin, or something weird with nspluginwrapper itself.  On a side
note, we need to get these created in plists (if they're not) so
packages will run ok.

After fixing the symlinks, linux-firefox is showing flash support via
about:plugins

I went through some of the ports tonight and there are some ${LN}
stuff in the above mentioned include that look suspicious.  (It uses
PREFIX)  Any thoughts on fixing this?

Lucas Holt
Luke at FoolishGames.com
MidnightBSD.org (Free OS)