[Midnightbsd-users] Mailing list mail size

Lucas Holt luke at foolishgames.com
Fri Sep 19 21:59:53 EDT 2008

Lately, we've had a number of larger commits.  The diffs are getting
out of hand.  I've been approving the messages to have the record of
commits, but I think many people don't want 1MB emails.  I'd like to
discuss the diff size problem.

What are your feelings about just sending a summary email like the
other projects?

What about writing a script to limit the diffs to modules other than
src?

I find the diffs handy at times to look at what people are doing, but
maybe a link to cvsweb would be sufficient?  I believe DragonFly does
that and it works fairly well.

Lucas Holt
Luke at FoolishGames.com
MidnightBSD.org (Free OS)