[Midnightbsd-users] New features in CURRENT

Lucas Holt luke at foolishgames.com
Thu Mar 1 09:11:39 EST 2012

MidnightBSD now has cpuctl(4) and cpucontrol(8).  This allows users to load microcode updates for their AMD and Intel CPUs.  The microcode is available in mports/sysutils/devcpu-data.  Users of 0.3 can install the devcpu port to load microcode.

We've been working on squashing a few bugs with the new build system and installer that are preventing us from doing the 0.4-RELEASE cycle.  Once they are complete, we will release 0.4.  We're also getting mports ready for the next release including updating QT and Gtk related ports and moving to kde 4 (i hope).

If there are any mports you'd like to see added, please let me know.

Lucas Holt
Luke at FoolishGames.com
MidnightBSD.org (Free OS)
JustJournal.com (Free blogging)