Magus is our cluster for testing mports. It builds every port in a chrooted environment on multiple architectures and operating system version. It is currently in production. See the main magus page for more information.
This page serves as a todo list for the magus software package.
- Split off fetch testing into a separate process.
- Some ports try to install to /home. Sometimes this is ok (postgres creates it's own user for use).
- Add some type of administrative checks between builds so the cluster and/or individual nodes can be halted without having to kill them. (cleaner)
- Add caching layer for pkg files. Total cache has max size, and then have some sort of caching algorithm. Maybe even cache with belady's algorithm, which in this case we can do. (How this would work is left as an exercise to the wiki reader.)
- keep pruning events schema
- Store LATEST_LINK during indexing. (Adding columns to the ports table gets expensive though...)
- Normalize port metadata, split it off based on cvs revision.