[Midnightbsd-users] deskutils/etoile-trackerkit

Stevan Tiefert stevan_tiefert_midnight at yahoo.de
Thu Aug 16 16:50:43 EDT 2007

Hello,

when I do a make install in deskutils/etoile-trackerkit everybody knows
that it results in a error.

Then I thought a little bit an I changed to work/Etoile and done manually a:
source /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.csh
and a gmake. gmake wanted a file named CairoOutputDev.h. Normally it
should be provided with poppler. But poppler was installed. I fetched
manually this file from
http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/CairoOutputDev.h?view=log
and put it on /usr/include/. Then I run gmake again and it finished.
Then I run gmake install and then that happened:

-----------8<
gmake[4]: Entering directory
`/usr/mports/deskutils/etoile-trackerkit/work/Etoile/Frameworks/AddressesKit/Frameworks/Addresses'
Making install for framework Addresses...
  Installing framework Addresses...
  Installing headers...
ln -sf /Library/Headers/Addresses \
                /Library/Headers/AddressBook
ln: /Library/Headers/AddressBook: No such file or directory
gmake[5]: *** [after-Addresses-install] Error 1
gmake[4]: *** [Addresses.install.framework.variables] Error 2
gmake[4]: Leaving directory
`/usr/mports/deskutils/etoile-trackerkit/work/Etoile/Frameworks/AddressesKit/Frameworks/Addresses'
gmake[3]: *** [internal-install] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/mports/deskutils/etoile-trackerkit/work/Etoile/Frameworks/AddressesKit/Frameworks'
gmake[2]: *** [internal-install] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/mports/deskutils/etoile-trackerkit/work/Etoile/Frameworks/AddressesKit'
gmake[1]: *** [internal-install] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/mports/deskutils/etoile-trackerkit/work/Etoile/Frameworks'
gmake: *** [internal-install] Error 2
mirage#

I looked into the Makefile of
/usr/mports/deskutils/etoile-trackerkit/work/Etoile/Frameworks/AddressesKit/Frameworks/Addresses/GNUmakefile
and I saw at the end of the file $(GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR) was used. I
set manually the environment with:
setenv GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR /usr/local/GNUstep/Local

and gmake finishes successfully.

But It creates no regestration in the mports database, but you guys know
better than me how to do that.

With regards
Stevan Tiefert