[Midnightbsd-users] BSDstats: May Statistics - 23 998 Hosts Reported In

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Thu Jun 5 05:39:57 EDT 2008

Marc G. Fournier dixit:

>           MirBSD               68 hosts
>           OpenBSD              59 hosts

Heh, nice.

>PC-BSD, to the best of our knowledge, is the only one that defaults to enabled,

This is wrong – DesktopBSD and MirBSD, at least, default to enabled as well,
although the user can disable it at install time, and there seem to be some
problems with the reporting, see below.

>Thanks to the folks at PC-BSD, we have a new PHP programmer that will be
>working with Antony Mawer towards cleaning up / finishing some of the
>outstanding areas of the web site, so expect to see some improvements in
>statistics reporting over the next few weeks.

Sounds great. Will we finally have architecture reporting, working sub-stats
for GNU/kFreeBSD, etc?

>If you have any questions, please feel free to email me ...

Sure.

The number of machines for MirBSD in total disagrees between the main page
and the sub pages. Reported ports from my script – no matter if MirPorts,
NetBSD® pkgsrc®, or Debian dpkg, do not appear in the ports listing any more.

FWIW, MirPorts/MidnightBSD are reported, mports/MidnightBSD should be handled
as FreeBSD ports at the moment, but since I have access to a MidnightBSD ma-
chine as well, I'll adjust my script if needed.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
[...] if maybe ext3fs wasn't a better pick, or jfs, or maybe reiserfs, oh but
what about xfs, and if only i had waited until reiser4 was ready... in the be-